Lawyer for Establishing Homeowners Associations and Condo Associations
We help developers:
  • carefully establish the rights of the developer and the expectations and obligations of the homeowners, as well as the HOA, in recorded covenants, including drafting CC&Rs (declaration), bylaws, and articles of incorporation,
  • establish the freedom, authority and rights necessary to effectively develop and market the community with minimum risk of disputes with owners or related to the HOA,
  • ensure a proper legal foundation is laid for successful relationships with the homeowners association and property owners.

We are experienced establishing:
  • Expandable developments
  • Townhomes
  • Single family
  • Condominium
  • Commercial
  • Mixed-use
  • Resort communities

We provide services including:
  • governing document drafting, interpretation, review, amendment and enforcement,
  • assistance with corporate governance issues, including advice on meetings, voting, how to use various types of ballots and proxies, proper procedures, how to respond to owner demands for records in accordance with Utah law, and drafting board resolutions,
  • compliance with applicable federal laws, such as the Fair Housing laws (helping avoid discrimination claims), the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (satellite dishes), as well as applicable state and local statutes and ordinances,
  • drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community,
  • advice regarding a developer’s obligations as to establishing the financial basis of the HOA, including establishing reserves,
  • pursuing and defending all types of litigation on behalf of associations,
  • legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting the operation of homeowner associations,
  • answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues,
  • counsel regarding HOA insurance issues, including Directors & Officers (D&O) coverage,
  • collection of delinquent assessments, and
  • helping boards understand and fulfill their duties.

Call: (801) 878-9361

Laws and Governing Documents
Who Maintains What? Responsibilities under the CC&Rs

“Mr. Kimble just revised our Association CC&R’s and Bylaws and the finished product is outstanding. Highly recommend him if your governing documents need revising or updating with all the new Utah laws.”

Colonel N. B. McCrary

Interpreting plats with CC&Rs Interpreting Plats and Utah Law
Condo insurance policy and coverage questions Easements, property and homeowner rights